Why get bogged down in the “work” when you want to be focusing on your passion? Spend more time teaching and outsource the administrative tasks!
My career branches of the dance field, including research, curriculum design, and arts administration in addition to teaching and choreography background. I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and skills with other teachers, studio owners, dance companies, and program directors. I am available to consult on program design, curriculum and lesson plans, and student evaluation, and to assist with writing, marketing, fundraising, and more.
STUDIO AND PROGRAM CONSULTATION
“Shannon is a very insightful and knowledgable individual in the dance industry. I am a brand new performing arts academy opening in fall 2017 and she took the time to share a lot of helpful information as well as a copy of a teacher handbook she put together. It is so nice to have professionals in the industry looking out for each other and offering a helping hand. Thanks Shannon for all your wisdom!” – Strive Performing Arts Center
Consultant services are designed and implemented with the studio owner or program director, to ensure a quality experience based on your specific needs and goals. With experience teaching and administrating in a variety of settings, including K-12 schools, universities, community centers, companies, and dance studios of different sizes, I can offer a thorough, extensive, and unique consultation experience. My aim is to help you improve your existing programming and implement creative ways to reach new students and serve your current population! The feedback and advice offered in my consultation services are based on my extensive knowledge of national dance standards, research-based best practices, and studio-tested experience! Services include:
- Curriculum Review or Design – Are you making the most of the classes you offer by using a solid curriculum? I will review current class offerings, levels and placement guidelines, student learning outcomes, and goals and evaluation techniques to ensure effective programming is in place, and provide practical resources like class activities and lesson plans to help your staff implement changes!
- Teacher Resources – Are your classes engaging, exciting, and fresh? I can provide lesson plans, class activities, and suggestions for music, videos, props, and other resources for classroom use to help your teachers offer the best possible class every week!
- Student Adjudication and Evaluation – Are you tired of dealing with the “moving up” drama from students and their families? I can help you create the perfect student evaluation and placement process that is thorough, fair, and easily understood by students and parents alike. When you have a consistent, efficient evaluation and placement policies in place, the entire process of moving students up gets much easier!
- Professional Development and Teacher Workshops – Don’t forget your staff! I offer relevant, helpful classes and workshops for faculty to support good teaching practices and help them bring their best to every class. Faculty observation and review with one-on-one feedback is also available! A fun teachers-only workshop or retreat can be the perfect antidote to mid-season exhaustion, providing teachers with new and exciting ways to interact with their students!
Whether you are a studio owner, independent dance artist, director of a small company, or a dance program director at a community organization, chances are you will need some administrative support from time to time. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by conflicting artistic, teaching, financial, and administrative duties, leaving little time for the marketing and promotional tasks that are so important in our industry! Who couldn’t use an extra hand to design newsletters, write copy for marketing materials, create social media posts, write grants or press releases, or even just proofread documents?
I can be the support you need to create the marketing and communications materials that will help your studio or program stand out from the crowd. With my combined experience in dance and administration, I can provide knowledgeable and relevant assistance with promotional writing, editing, marketing, and social media. Project-based or hourly rates can be negotiated depending on your needs. References and work samples are available upon request. Contact me today to set up a free initial consult to discuss your needs and goals! Services offered include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Social Media Services – Keep your accounts fresh and engage new clients! I can design, create, and schedule messaging across a range of social media platforms to keep your current clients and fans up to date and help bring new families to your door or audiences to your box office!
- E-Communications – Who has time for all that email? I can create weekly, monthly, or project-specific e-Blasts and other digital messaging for your patrons, clients, donors, and contacts. Keep in touch with the people who value your organization!
- Website Copy – Represent your organization with pride! I can review or create descriptions of your studio, programs, and classes for use on your website. (Website design/coding not provided.)
- Print Media – Provide the perfect “takeaway!” I can create digital mock-ups of postcards, fliers, handouts, recital or concert programs, or other printed materials for marketing or communication use. (Printing not included.)
- Press Releases – Spread the word about your programs and events to the local press! I can create press materials about your performances, events, notable students or faculty accomplishments, competition results, or unique studio programming for submission to local press.
- Grant Writing – Get the funding you need to grow your organization! I can provide the professional language that will help create the best possible grant proposal for your program or project. Proofreading/review services are also available.
- Blog Posts or Newsletters – Spread the word about new initiatives, upcoming events, and more! I can create copy and design for blog posts and digital or print newsletters to help inform and engage new and current clients, patrons, and donors! Proofreading/review services are also available.
Want to learn more about the consultant and administrative services I offer? Contact me for more information today!