“Shannon is a very insightful and knowledgable individual in the dance industry. I am a brand new performing arts academy opening in fall 2017 and she took the time to share a lot of helpful information as well as a copy of a teacher handbook she put together. It is so nice to have professionals in the industry looking out for each other and offering a helping hand. Thanks Shannon for all your wisdom!” – Strive Performing Arts Center
With experience teaching and administrating in a variety of settings, including K-12 schools, universities, community centers, companies, and dance studios of different sizes, I can offer a thorough, extensive, and unique consultation experience. My aim is to help you improve your existing programming and implement creative ways to reach new students and serve your current population! The feedback and advice offered in my consultation services are based on my extensive knowledge of national dance standards, research-based best practices, and studio-tested experience! Services include:
- New! Online Adjudication – Do you need a fresh set of eyes on your choreography or your dancers’ performance? I can provide thoughtful, professional feedback on your students’ technique and artistry in class, rehearsal, or performance video. I can also provide feedback on choreography for concert or competition. Feedback is available both in writing and verbally, and a post-review phone conversation is available upon request. Quick turn around time! Rates: $15 up to 3 minutes, $20 up to 5 minutes, $25 up to 10 minutes. Discounts available for multiple pieces. Contact me via the form below to learn more!
- Curriculum Review or Design – Are you making the most of the classes you offer by using a solid curriculum? A studio-wide curriculum for each dance style taught helps keep all of your dancers progressing, and supports your staff in providing the best learning experience for your students.
- Teacher Resources – Are your classes engaging, exciting, and fresh? I can provide lesson plans, class activities, and suggestions for music, videos, props, and other resources for classroom use to help your teachers offer the best possible class every week!
- Student Adjudication and Evaluation – Are you tired of dealing with the “moving up” drama from students and their families? I can help you create the perfect student evaluation and placement process that is thorough, fair, and easily understood by students and parents alike. When you have a consistent, efficient evaluation and placement policies in place, the entire process of moving students up gets much easier!
- Professional Development and Teacher Workshops – Don’t forget your staff! I offer relevant, helpful classes and workshops for faculty to support good teaching practices and help them bring their best to every class. Faculty observation and review with one-on-one feedback is also available! A fun teachers-only workshop or retreat can be the perfect antidote to mid-season exhaustion, providing teachers with new and exciting ways to interact with their students.