More than just a “Master Class” – a custom, comprehensive learning experience for your students and special resources for your staff, including:
- Pre-event consultation (online/phone) to determine your students’ interests, needs, and goals
- Conversation with the students at the beginning and end of class to assess their needs and help reflect on the learning experience.
- Student reference page with important takeaways from the lesson and resources for future study.
- Faculty reference sheet with ideas for follow-up activities.
- NEW! Online adjudication service – thoughtful, professional feedback on choreography and performance for concerts, competitions, or auditions. (See below for full details!)
My approach to dance education is holistic, taking into account the physical, social, emotions, and creative needs of each student and empowering them to become healthy, motivated, and engaged individuals in addition to strong technicians, powerful performers, risk-taking artists, and articulate advocates for the art of dance.
“I enjoyed working with Shannon immensely, in three short sessions we
prepared my video audition for the San Francisco Conservatory Summer
Intensive. The material Shannon used was tailored to my strengths and
had a unique style, and I have her to thank for my acceptance into the
program. Thank you so much!” – Connor Voss
All classes blend dance technique with somatic practices to work on dynamic alignment, safe and efficient movement practices, and coordination and range of motion. Offerings for beginning through advanced dancers include:
- Modern Dance – Traditional modern class based on Laban and Humphrey-Limon Principles.
- Embodied Dance History – Learn about key people and events in dance history while moving, discussing, and creating!
- Contemporary – Fusion of Ballet, Jazz, and Release Techniques with an emphasis on expression and performance quality.
- Ballet – Options include a classical technique classes, contemporary-influenced classes, or workshops incorporating pointe work, variations, Progressing Ballet Technique, and more.
- Improvisation and Composition – Discover how to move freely and in your own individualized style, both in improvisation and while creating and refining original choreography.
- Jazz – Routed in jazz dance history and influenced by classic jazz and musical theatre dance technique, with an emphasis on showmanship and performance quality.
I am also available for performance coaching, private lessons, and choreography.
New! Online Adjudication – Do you need a fresh set of eyes on a piece for performance, competition, or an audition? I’m available to review and give feedback on the choreography, technique, performance/artistry, or any other aspect you’d like. Packages start at $25 per piece up to 2 minutes, $5 per minute or part thereof after the initial 2 minutes. Contact me via the form below to learn more!
Interested in learning more or booking a class or online adjudication? Contact me: